The Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship Program provides scholarships to students kindergarten through 12th grade who have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP). The amount of each scholarship will be based on the disability identified on the student’s IEP and is determined by the State of Ohio. If you would like more information about this scholarship please contact Shawn Swartzentruber at 330-683-0012 or visit the ODE website.
The Educational Choice Scholarship Program (EdChoice) annually provides opportunities for eligible students in grades K-12 to apply for two EdChoice programs; Traditional and Expansion. The priority application period for both EdChoice Scholarship Programs ends May 30, 2020, as determined by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). If you are interested in applying for either EdChoice Scholarship, we strongly encourage you to complete the Kingsway application for admission by May 15. This will allow two weeks for processing your application and/or collecting the required information and thereby giving your application the best possible chance for EdChoice scholarship approval.
To apply for either of the EdChoice scholarships through Kingsway, you must first apply for admission at Kingsway. (See Kingsway Admissions Checklist below.) Once your child has been accepted at Kingsway, we will submit an EdChoice application for your child through the online secure application system, only available to Kingsway.
For more information about our application process, please contact our Admissions Director, Steve Yoder at 330-465-2695.
The EdChoice Expansion Program also provides scholarship opportunities for students entering K-12th grade and whose family income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
The EdChoice Traditional Program provides students from ODE designated public school buildings the opportunity to apply to participating private schools such as Kingsway. This year's designated Wayne County public school buildings include: Orrville Elementary School (K-4), Rittman Elementary School (K-5), Fredericksburg Elementary School (K-8), Wooster Cornerstone Elementary School (K-4). For a complete list of designated public school buildings see the buttons below.
- Eligible students who received scholarships in 2019-2020
- Students who meet both of the following:
- did not receive scholarships for the 2019-2020 school year and
- are newly enrolled (or would be newly enrolled) in eligible buildings on both the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 lists
- Students who were eligible in the 2019-2020 school year and remain eligible in the 2020-2021 school year
- Students who meet all three of the following:
- had siblings who received Traditional EdChoice Scholarships in the 2019-2020 school year
- were (or would be) enrolled in kindergarten through 12th grade in eligible buildings on the 2019-2020 list and
- were enrolled in public or nonpublic schools or home-schooled in the 2019-2020 school year or will be enrolled in kindergarten or start home-schooling for the equivalent of kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year. Official verification of student eligibility is completed by the student’s resident public school district.
A student who is home-schooled during the 2019-2020 school year is eligible to apply if:
- The student is entering ninth through 12th grade and would be assigned to a designated building on the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 lists OR
- The student is entering an Ohio school for the first time in any grade and would be assigned to a designated building on the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 lists OR
- The student has a sibling who attended a private school on a Traditional EdChoice Scholarship during the 2019-2020 school year and the student would be assigned to a designated building on the 2019- 2020 list.
If you are interested in applying for an EdChoice Scholarship, you will want to follow the Kingsway Admissions process steps identified below:
- Schedule a phone conversation at your earliest convenience by calling our Admissions Director, Steve Yoder, at 330-465-2695 or the school office at 330-683-0012 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Download and complete the 2020-2021 EdChoice Request Form found below.
- Complete the Kingsway Christian School online Admissions application process found below.
- Please submit all forms to Kingsway by May 15 to allow time for processing and/or collecting information ahead of the May 30, 2020, deadline as determined by the ODE.
- If your family income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for your household size and you want your income verified to determine if you qualify for the income based EdChoice Expansion Scholarship then:
- Obtain a copy of the EdChoice Income Verification Form below or from Kingsway. The parent is responsible for completing the Income Verification Form, gathering all supporting income documents (see list on form), and mailing to the address listed on the form by the deadline.
- Note: Families applying for an income based expansion scholarship MUST have their income verified by the EdChoice Office; it is NOT optional.
- Once your child has been accepted to attend Kingsway, you will receive an email acceptance notice from Kingsway listing your next steps in the Admissions process.
- The ODE will directly mail you notifications regarding all EdChoice scholarship decisions.
If you have any questions or need any assistance during this process, please don't hesitate to contact our Admissions Director, Steve Yoder, at 330-465-2695. We look forward to serving you and your family!
Kingsway Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Kingsway Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Our number one goal is to build a relationship with you and your family and make quality Christian education available to you. We offer several Financial Aid Options. Schedule an Educational Success Consultation with the Admissions Director today to discuss what options will work best for your family.
Our Ministry-Based Philosophy of Tuition and Financial Aid is built on a Biblically-based sustainable financial model that provides for the ongoing expansion and improvement of the educational services we offer.
- We will seek to attract and integrate students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- To the greatest extent possible, any child from a motivated family will not be denied admission solely because of lack of financial resources to pay our tuition.
- Our tuition is based on the full cost to educate each child as well as enabling us to better accomplish our educational mission into the future.
- Financial aid for families is needs based on a case by case basis; utilizing FACTS, an objective, confidential, verified third-party financial aid needs assessment process.
- The Faith Promise component of our financial aid program will provide an additional avenue by which to trust God for meeting tuition as families work in partnership with Kingsway to find ways to experience a Christian education for their children.
- We will offer significant financial aid and award it in a manner that will allow as many families as possible to have the opportunity to attend Kingsway.
- Financial Aid will be funded through donor gifts, not through increased tuition.
We utilize FACTS Tuition Management to manage monthly tuition payments and distribute Financial Aid. To sign up for a monthly payment plan or to apply for Financial Aid please visit the FACTS website below and complete the application process.